You were supposed to be seeing an adorable picture of a sleeping Elli here in her new striped penguin pajamas from her aunt, but instead Elli is sitting very much awake on my lap as I type this.
We were all set with her normal bedtime routine (well, as normal as it gets when Daddy has a bad head cold and his singing has morphed from a rather middle-range tenor to an ultra-low bass!), and Daddy accidentally let Miss Elli get her fingers too far back in her mouth again and... he was christened, too. So was Elli's new outfit. And the chair in the nursery that doesn't seem to have washing instruction on it.
So now we have put in a load of laundry, sent Daddy off to bed, and Mommy is preparing for a rather long night of walking around and singing to see if we can convince Elli that it's time to sleep, sore gums or not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love your blog. Your daughter is so beautiful. We adopted with JOH domestically 18 months ago. we may adopt again, but have to recover a bit financially first! Adoption is not for the faint of heart and it's kind of expensive too!!!
Oh gosh, I hope J is feeling better soon!! And I'm sure your singing will do the trick in no time!
As for the chair...gosh, you'd think they make it easier on folks...like flashing neon lights with washing and wipe-down instructions!(especially for tired new parents!!) LOL
Hang in there!
Lisa C.
Don't forget to use Febreze on all that delightful smelling spit up! I love reading about your new parenting joys! Congratulations!
Where is a costume photo?!!
I'm hoping that everyone is recovered. As for the chair, hmmm, hopefully you got it cleaned up. I love the Elli pictures keep em coming.
lol
Lisa R
Post a Comment