Monday, October 6, 2008

Getting things together

We are about 36 hours away from leaving for the airport (but who's counting?), and are trying to get all our packing and house preparation work done.

Our packing is nearly complete, save the last minute items and a trip to Kohl's tomorrow to get a new piece of luggage, as our sturdy rolling bag gave up the ghost tonight when I zipped it up. (No, it wasn't overstuffed... this time. I guess after trips on four continents plus a few car trips, it decided it just wasn't up for a trip to Taiwan. Better we found the gaping hole in the zipper now than in Taipei!)

Today I washed all of our bottles so that they're ready for when we come home (to which Jeremy replied, "Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life..."), put together the high chair (and dropped about 4 items on my feet), and assembled the Pack 'n Play (where I snapped my finger in with the mobile on the top). I have also resolved that there will be no more baby gear assembly for me today, as I'm not sure what klutzy thing I will do next!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Here ya go!!! Have a great trip and dont forget to post pictures. You know how we all love pictures and updates from Taiwan. The beginning of the rest of your life will be one filled with a lot of joy and happiness as Ellen fills up your lives.

Have fun.

LOL
Lisa R.

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

I'M DYING!!!!!! OK, not literally but I am just beside myself with excitement for you guys!!! I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!! Have a great trip!! Sarah p.s.

Casey said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so excited!! Mostly because I finally will be able to actually meet one of the JOH babies. Woo-hoo!!

Safe travels. Please call me when you are ready for a visit.
And bring me back good news on Annabella...okay? Is that asking too much.
Casey :-)

Anonymous said...

Jeremy & Heather,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you have safe travels and a beautiful, healthy daughter. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.
with love,
Robin

Sarah k said...

Ok.. this is happening so fast! Is your head swimming? Mine is! This is awesome!!! I am so looking forward to watching your adoption journey as you travel. Say you will journal while you travel?! Please! I love watching the best part of the story unfold!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you two (soon to be you three). My thoughts and prayers are with you as you leave for Taiwan and begin the next stage of your family life. Stay safe and hurry home with your beautiful baby
Erich

Lisa said...

Go get her you guys and please know you are in our thoughts and prayers! Relish each & every moment! Can't wait to follow along!
Hugs,
Lisa C.

Anonymous said...

I want to be there too...