Today was a slow day, touring-wise. Jeremy had to do some work in the hotel room so, despite us waking up at about 5:30 and not really getting back to sleep, we stayed at the hotel until around 2:00 when we left to go to the National Palace Museum. To the left is the view from our window at The Landis Hotel. We tried to take a picture of the building last night on our way back from the Bubble Tea shop, but it was a bit too dark and you can't really see the building in the picture. But we'll be going back to the bubble tea shop, so I'm sure we'll have ample opportunity to take another shot during the daytime!

The National Palace Museum is an incredible collection of the treasures of Imperial China. We were not able to take pictures inside the museum, so this shot of the outside is about as good as it gets for a tourism review. We met up with one of my college lab partners and his wife and son for this leg of our Taiwan trip. He is working about 20 minutes south of Taiwan for this year, so we were very lucky to be able to visit with them a bit. We took an English tour, although we had to cut out a bit early in order to meet Fion and because their son (2 years old) was about done sleeping in their arms for the afternoon.
Yesterday Fion promised to bring us to a good dim sum restaurant for dumplings (hmmm... bubble tea, dumplings... anyone sensing a theme here??), so she dropped us off at this restaurant after the National Palace Museum. As soon as we got out of the car, we were told, "This is the most famous dim sum restaurant in Taipei!" It was VERY good. I'm sure I'll be back in Ohio in a week or two craving an order of dumplings!And now... we get ready to go get Eliana tomorrow morning. We have all our clothes set out and our diaper bag packed (and an extra backpack with the stuff that I'm not sure we really need, but could need and I don't want to be an idiot first time parent and be without it, so we're going to bring it, regardless. I'll be bringing my knitting for the two hour ride down to Taichung, anyway--nervous energy needs an outlet--so I'll just stuff everything into one bag and it won't seem so weird, right? ). The wake-up call has been made so I guess now the only thing left to do is to get a good night's rest while I still can!
5 comments:
So your done with the touring and on to the 1 thing that will change you life for ever.. Good lUck with the sleep tonight as your adventure's begin around the corner... Good Luck... WE can't wait to hear how day 1 with Eliana ( I hope my memory is write on the spelling goes)
Hugs from Missouri
Karen
I am really getting some great travel tips from your blog! I am diligently taking notes on all the things to do and see. I'm surprised that I haven't really heard any talk of desserts?? Ice cream? Nothing? I am hoping I wake up tomorrow to find pictures of you guys holding little Eliana! Yey!! Sarah = )
Woo hoo! Your days are just flying by with all sorts of wonderful eye sites! You have to love it! AND now onto the grand revealing and the birth of a forever family! The moment I have been waiting for. I hope it goes great for you guys and that you aren't nervous. I was so nervous on our gotcha day I couldn't eat! Wow... it is going to be the best day in your life!! Relax as best you can and soak it all in... this "birth" only happens once!
Sarah k
Tomorrow....oh my gosh...I just can't wait to see you with your sweet girl nestled in your arms. Good grief, I have goosebumps for you!! :)
Hugs,
Lisa C.
Din Tai Fung was voted top-ten best restaurant by some global magazines..! If no reservation, prepare to wait for 2 hours.
I am drolling too..!!
Good luck, break a leg..!!
Iv
Post a Comment