Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat!

For those who were wondering where the costume photos are, here they are!

We celebrated Halloween in three parts this year. First, during the day, we went out to the local Chinese Food restaurant to meet some of Jeremy's co-workers for lunch. While there, some of Heather's co-workers just happened to be coming to the same restaurant to eat, so we got to see Mr. Karl and Mr. Chu, too! (This sounds like quite the coincidence, but I'll just say that Mr. Karl eats at Uncle Yip's about 2 - 3 times a week, so this is less of a coincidence than one might think!) Elli dressed in her pumpkin outfit, as shown below (my personal favorite part is the pumpkin on her tush!)




Later that evening, we got dressed in our ladybug (or "love bug" as the feet on the costume read) costume for trick or treating. As you can see, Elli makes quite the adorable little love bug!







Then on Saturday, we had lovely weather here -- actually, we've had lovely weather all weekend and it's supposed to last for the next few days, too! -- so we went to the local pumpkin patch. Elli was not really all that interested in pumpkins or hay rides or ponies or apples, but we did get a few good fall pictures of her!





Finally, as a "better late than never" posting, here's the picture of her in her penguin sleeper from Aunt Ashley. We actually hadn't put her in this orientation in the crib, but she moves herself in 360 degree circles while sleeping.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. Keep on posting, I start to really enjoy reading your adventure.

Hugs for Elli

Iv

Dunns said...

Hi Heather,
I'm so sorry I've haven't commented lately...but I've been peeking in on your blog, It's amazing how much Elli has change these past weeks, she absolutely beautiful! I hope everything is going well with all the adjustments, Debbie

p.s. I loved the "love bug" too cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cute love bug!!!

I enojyed so much meetign Elli in person! Coould not wait to see her again! Let me know when I can babysit- I got to start her on Chinese Lesson early!

Speaking of Chinese, I do not know if you got my message I left on your home phone. As I was driving home the other day, I thought of the best way to pronounce Elli's Chinese name - nobody should ever pronounce her name again now:) - that is if you know how to sing "Row, Row, Row you boat, gently down the stream..." - "RowRow" is exactly how you would pronounce Elli's Chinese name! Let me know how it works!

Love,

Tiehong

couey2007 said...

Halloween is great...when you have little ones!!!

Michelle C, AL (JOH)

Lisa said...

Elli is so sweet Heather. She is such a tiny peanut. How fun that you dressed her up in all different costumes.
LOL
Lisa R.

Lisa said...

Oh, I adore the pumpkin on the bum outfit! So cute! And the slumbering sweetheart in the crib...so precious!
Lisa C.

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Is she cute as a button or what?

BabyBain said...

Love the pumpkin butt!

rachel said...

she is so darling! LOVE the ladybug halloween costume!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable!! I loved her little costume! It's so fun to keep up with you guys on here and your stories are so entertaining!