It looks like Elli might be teething. Signs of impending teeth-dom include:
1) Lots of drooling.
2) Ability to blow very impressive spit bubbles with said drool.
3) Fingers constantly in mouth
4) Anything approaching mouth going into mouth and getting drowned in a drool-y death
5) Liking cool teething rings and pacifiers
6) Inconsolable wailing lessened only through some of the aforementioned cool teething rings and pacifiers
Today we had an exciting event. Grandma came down for the morning to watch Elli so that I could go to the nearby Kinko’s and make some copies of Elli’s adoption paperwork for our post-adoption paper chasing. When I got home, Elli wanted to see me, so I was holding her as Jeremy walked out of the door to take Grandma to her car. No sooner had both of them walked out of the door and closed it behind them when Elli stuck her fingers in her mouth a little too far and… I was christened as a mother. With about ¾ of the bottle that Grandma had just fed her.
Jeremy walked back in the door and all I could do was stand there and say “Help! Help! Oh, my! Get something!” Jeremy took one look at Elli (still throwing up a good portion of her bottle) and me (trying to catch what I could in my hands while still holding her steady) and at the ever-growing puddle on our (thankfully wooden) entry floor and starting running for whatever rag, burp cloth, or towel he could get his hands on. By the time he got back, Elli was looking up at the two of us with this angelic look on her face as if she had no idea what Mommy and Daddy were so upset about.
So we stripped her down, and both she and I took a mid-day shower to clean up, and Mommy started another load of laundry! Around 4:00, the wailing and gnashing of gums began in earnest, and I am hopeful that this doesn't last too long and those offending little teeth will break through very, very soon! We've also learned that perhaps we should be a little careful when we see those fingers go into the mouth so as to avoid another situation like the one earlier today! (See, sometimes we're slow as parents, but we learn eventually....)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Welcome to parenthood.
LOL
Lisa R.
Woo Hoo! Nothing like getting baptized this way....lol. Congratulations though! YOU ARE A MOM! OH and here we come Hyland's teething tabs!!!!
Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
I just stumbled upon your blog. We are trying to adopt from Taiwan as well. I noticed you were from Ohio. So are we. If you don't mind I'm giving you my e-amil it's kris_warner@yahoo.com Now off to read your blog!!
I like how you keep a sense of humor about everything! :)
I hope her poor teeth don't trouble ya all for too long....poor sweet thing!
And don't worry...sometimes we are all 'slow' in parenthood....some days you just always feel a step behind! :)
Keep up the good work guys; I think you are doing great!
Lisa C.
Congrats on the christening of barf!!! :-)
Post a Comment