
To really understand the import of the title of this post, you must first understand something crucial:
To look in our scrapbooks of any vacation we've taken while married, you'd think I have some sort of eating problem, as in: nearly all the pictures of me are of me eating -- usually eating ice cream, but any dessert will likely prompt my kind and loving husband to whip out the camera and take a candid shot. (Jeremy's editorial comment, henceforth "JEC": I maintain that since she ate several gallons of gelato while in Italy, the pictures from that trip are actually quite representative.)
However, Jeremy discovered bubble tea last year when we started the adoption process, finding out about it on a fellow adoptive parent's blog and then deciding he would like to try it. He's now fully addicted.
So when we came across a vendor in the San Francisco airport who sold Bubble Tea, guess where we had to stop and get our dinner?
(JEC - For those of you not familiar with the drink, it is essentially a sort of iced tea latte which may or may not be sweetened and/or flavored. However, the essential ingredient, or "the bubbles," are pearls of tapioca that are littered throughout the bottom of the drink. These pearls soak up the flavor of the drink and are "squishy" on the outside but firm on the inside. Altogether it makes for one yummy drink!)
We are currently in the airport, waiting for someone to come to the China Airlines counter so that we can get our Delta Boarding passes converted to China Airlines boarding passes. Apparently, the desk will not open for another hour or so, and there's already an impressive collection of people milling around the counter.
At this point in the travel blog, let us also make an important public service announcement: For those who have not been subjected to our annual holiday letters, I am the family "staff writer" in situations like this. Jeremy has appointed himself "editor in chief." Therefore, do not expect him to do something so drastic as to actually (gasp!) post his OWN blog entry, but expect little side comments from him as he performs his "editorial duties." :-)
(JEC -- I do not expect my boycott of blogging duties to last the trip. While my wife is scoffing in disbelief, I will likely take up the pen from time to time.)
8 comments:
Ya know.. I haven't tried bubble tea hon. BUT you must try Milk tea in TAiwan when you go! If you can get past the tapeoca balls with the huge straw.lol.. David adored it! Give it a whirl when you go over ok?
Sarah k
TAiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
Have a great trip and let us all know if the bubble tea is better over in Taiwan. When do fly back? We are flying in next Wednesday. We cannot be happier and more excited for you two…three!
Steve & Amy
http://babybain.blogspot.com/
You both are very funny. We havent tried Bubble Tea either, but you make it soumd like a must have. I hope that you guys have a great trip and we really look forward to following along.
LOL
Lisa R.
Happy travel to Taiwan! My husband is addicted to bubble tea as well. Whenever he is in Taiwan, he needs to have one piggy wiggy one everyday. Also, I could help but laugh when I read your writer/editor comment. That's exactly how it worked and how the roles were called in our house - I am the writer of the annual newsletter and hubby calls himself editor (yeah, right!).
Eva from JOH board
safe travels!!! Cn't wait til you get there!
I can't wait to try the Bubble Tea in Taiwan and am so happy for you both! I love the sense of humor you both share and can't wait to follow along!
Go get her guys!
Hugs,
Lisa C.
I can't believe you are on your way. I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to see new pictures....soon.
Casey
I am glad that there is humor while the very long awaited trip is being made.... we hav GEC at our house as I am laso the writer and Greg is the EIC as well... Happy travels
Karen:)
Post a Comment