After a week where we were both traveling for work (Jeremy went to Chicago; I was in LA), both of us have returned home safe and sound.
Jeremy arrived home first and checked our e-mail to find that we have a first ruling!!! This is very, very quick timing for a first ruling and means that the second part of the court process is over before we even had really started waiting for it, which is wonderful, wonderful news -- especially since we had a slightly-longer-than-average wait for our hearing.
Our next step is a second ruling, which is often a 4 - 6 week wait from first ruling to second ruling. Once the second ruling is over, she's officially 'ours' and we will get our travel dates!
We are very thankful that everything has gone so quickly -- it must be a direct correlation from all the thoughts, prayers, and good wishes. Keep them coming... I'd love to "beat the clock" on the second ruling and travel dates, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hurray! That is wonderful news!
~Trisha
That's great news!! How long is the first ruling usually? It will interesting to see how fast the second ruling comes!!
Debboe
Yea,
You guys better get a packin. I am so happy that your little Elli will soon be yours.
LOL
Lisa R.
SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! I can't wait to hear of your travel dates. Could you just drop our file off with your judge while you are there?? congratulations!! Sarah = )
That is fantastic news!
Yay!
What wonderful news! She will be in your arms in no time! I KNOW you are enjoying this weekend...enjoy every moment!
Lisa C. ( JOH )
Yeah!! This is just such wonderful news.
You better get packing. :-)
Casey
Oh my! Congratulations!
Gosh I hadn't checked back since you said it might be a while! Let's hope for an October travel date then! :)
Post a Comment