Friday, August 8, 2008

August Celebrations

As this is posting, we are on our way home to Pennsylvania for a weekend of celebrations!

We plan to celebrate:
- My uncle, whose birthday was last Sunday
- My paternal grandmother, whose birthday was Monday
- My niece, whose first birthday was Tuesday
- My parents, whose 36th anniversary was on Tuesday
- Us, whose 7th anniversary will be this coming Monday (and whose 8th anniversary of getting engaged was also on Tuesday... anyone else think August 5th is a big day in our family??)
- My maternal grandparents, whose 60th wedding anniversary will be August 14th
- And since we're all together, anyway, it seemed like a good time for a baby shower for little Elli, too!

(Lest anyone think that August is the only month that we tend to "clump" the celebrations together, I'll just point out that there are a number of family birthdays in October and Elli will be the 4th family member with a birthday in March!)

Pictures of the gatherings to come....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy everyhing !! August and May are like that for us. Happy celebrating!!!

Lisa R.

Lorelyn said...

Yea! I remembered your blog address! As a very happy participant in the multiple celebrations of the past weekend, I just wanted to say again how happy I am for you and how much fun it was to see you this weekend. Love to you both --