Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baby's first doll!


We went home to visit my family this weekend in Pennsylvania, and my mother had a gift waiting for our baby girl -- a Yang doll by Corolle.

All the sites that both she and I have read just rave about the doll and how much she is loved; we are sure that our (grand)daughter will love her, too.

In the meantime, we've found further support the doll's irresistible-ness from my 8 month old niece, who demonstrated her crawling skills this weekend by crawling long distances to the box with the doll twice. After I decided that we should take the doll out of the box, she showed her climbing skills by attempting to climb up me when I was taking too long untwisting all the wires that were holding her in the box. (Note to self: Improve parenting skills by learning to get toys out of boxes faster in the future!) Once the doll was out of the box, my niece promptly demonstrated her ability to "give kisses" by kissing all over the doll. I'd say that's a solid "two thumbs up" endorsement, if I've ever seen one!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad to see your niece is so attentive to babies and already good at sharing toys. Grandma Hughes makes a point of removing toys from the twisties & then putting them back in the boxes for gift opening. That way there are fewer tears (from the child) and cursing (from the adults).
-sjhk

taiwanbaby said...

my daughter also LOVES her yang doll. she has however named hers Ego. not very lyrical, but telling just the same I think!! the Kim is also great for when your daughter is older. Very good hair for brushing.

Cari
TaiwanJOH

Casey said...

Heather~
My good friend AND my sister bought me this doll for Christmas. So, now I have two of them JUST WAITING in our future daughter's bedroom. She is a cutie. I hope we both have our daughter's home with us by this Christmas so they can hold them by the Christmas tree. :-)
Hope to see you this weekend.
~Casey