When Jeremy and I first talked about starting a blog, we decided that this would be one of the items that he would take on for the adoption. Then we kept talking about it and talking about it and nothing happened. Meanwhile, I kept reading other folks' blogs and everyone I read sounded like people without Ph.D.'s in computer science, and I started to think, "Hmmm... maybe this isn't so challenging. Maybe I can do this."
So the person who finally got us an account and set up the blog was... not Jeremy. And that was actually really great, because I discovered that this is quite fun and easy and not at all the stressful experience that I thought it would be.
And when I showed Jeremy the blog, he was duly impressed and wowed by my new-found technological skills. (Yes, fellow bloggers, this is the point at which you smirk and laugh at the real degree of "skill" needed for this....) In reviewing it, though, he had one main complaint: "How come you're the only person who can post to the blog? What if I want to post under my own name?" Now, let's be clear: When I first set up the blog, I sent him an invite to be an author. I told him I sent him an invite to be an author. But I understand that sometimes you don't get excited about new possibilities like blogging until you see it "real time," so I cancelled the original invite and re-sent a new one that he responded to, and he now has the power to post.
Fast-forward to tonight. Our nursery furniture was delivered on Tuesday, and I have been stuck at a hotel (15 minutes away from home, mind you!) for training for work and have not been able to see what it looks like in the room. I have gently and not-so-gently suggested that perhaps Jeremy could take pictures of the nursery and post them to the blog so that I could see how it looks. (Hmmm... could patience be something that's hard for me??)
No dice. In fact, tonight I even told him on the phone that I thought he probably just couldn't post because it was too hard for him to figure out how to use Blogger.
So here's the challenge: How long will it take for a posting from Jeremy? Start the clock now....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heather,
I love it! I could never get Erich to post on ours. I have no idea why. Great idea on the challenge. We are in your corner and rooting you on for your adoption.
Hey Jeremy,
So what does the room look like?
Robin Geoppinger
Post a Comment