Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Doldrums...

So it seems to be the doldrums time on the adoption front .... We have no new news to share, and it's been so "patiently still" on the Yahoo group I belong to that some folks started writing messages today just asking for something to happen. Despite the pleas, we still haven't heard anything from the agency, although it sounds like this might be due to some employee turnover and the ensuing office busy-ness being short-handed can create. So who knows when we'll actually have any adoption news.

In the "getting stuff done" front, our friends Sarah and Stephen and their kids came over tonight so that Stephen could help us get the dishwasher installed, and the boys got the installation to about 80% done before Stephen had to go get the kiddos in bed. I tried to help get things the rest of the way there after he left, but we were only marginally successful. Right now Jeremy is downstairs re-tightening a bolt on our dishwasher so (hopefully) this time when we turn on the water, it doesn't give us a slow drip like it did the first time around!

The freezer is here and plugged in and getting to the right cool temperature before we start the "freezer transfer" game -- a game, of course, because you get to ask the "hmmm... what do you suppose this is / was, and how long do you think it's been here?" question as you're emptying things out of one freezer to go into the other. The grill is also here and we're busy planning what we're going to grill on it first this weekend.

The scrapbooking continues at its slow-but-steady pace. Tonight I ordered 427 prints from Costco... guess that one of the reasons why I haven't scrapbooked in so long is because I'm also WAY behind on getting pictures printed out! :-)

1 comment:

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Hey Heather, I feel for you! I can't wait to here SOMETHING from Washington and I hope it is your referral! Hang in there, I'm impressed that you are getting so much done while waiting. Good for you! Sarah from the JOH board = )