I think we might finally be making some progress on getting the house projects done before the baby comes home. The evidence includes:
1. We have shades in the nursery and guest room! We can now officially darken the baby's room for nap time, and Grandma and Grandpa can have some privacy when they come to visit. While they were here, the shade folks also fixed the shade in the den, so it's a lot easier to raise and lower (the string wasn't winding right in the shade) -- cross another UFP off the list.
2. The nursery furniture will officially be delivered next Tuesday -- hooray!
3. We had a sudden opportunity arise this week to sell the dishwasher that came with our house to someone looking for a good deal on a cheap dishwasher, and that means that I get a new one! The old one was so noisy that we couldn't watch TV in the next room when it was running -- fine if you can close the door on the kitchen, but not so good for the open floor plan we have at our house. (And not so good if the house needs to be quiet during nap time.) Jeremy pulled out the old one last night, so he gets to go through all of next week dishwasher-less while I'm away at training. The new dishwasher had to be special ordered because the bisque color is not a "standard warehouse item," but will be delivered on May 13th.
4. While we were at it, I decided that we'd get Jeremy's birthday present at the same time, so they could be delivered together. So as of May 13th, Jeremy will also have a new grill. (Only two months late....)
5. And since we'd already taken care of the dishwasher and the grill, we decided to get the freezer we've been planning to get since Christmas 2006. (I know, I know... but I said up front that we had a lot of unfinished projects to attend to!) That will also come on the 13th.
The next UFP on the list is to start planning some meals ahead that we can put in the freezer for when the baby comes home. And then there's the scrapbooking, which is progressing but has become a bit like the loaves and fishes... I've done two books already, and it barely looks like I've touched things! Maybe this is why I shouldn't accumulate 3 years of scrapbooking items at a time??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment