I hate to do another post and move down the "good news" referral post, but life has moved on from the referral, so too, I suppose, should the blog!
We've spent the past few days checking e-mails, answering phone calls, and generally saying, "Thank you. ... Yes, we're SOOOO excited. ... I know -- she is beautiful. .... She is really tiny, but the doctor says she has a big head for having such a small body, and that's really important..." at least ten times a day. We've been addictively watching Elli's video and could probably now reenact it for you from memory. We went to CVS and in addition to getting completely hooked on CVS'ing, we printed out copies of her pictures and have them in frames already... and on our doors at work... and on their way to Grandma and Grandpa's houses. In short, it's been some of the best four days of our lives.
Jeremy's mother called on Friday night to ask how many times we were watching the video, because she's been watching it when she gets up in the morning, around mid-day once or twice, and then before she goes to bed. (My mother thought about it yesterday and decided that she was also on that schedule....) She also let us know about a super yard sale happening in her neighborhood, so we went up early on Saturday to check it out and got armfuls of new or barely used clothing that hopefully will fit Elli when she gets home.
The project of the week is to get all of our paperwork for the referral done and turned in. Today we had our documents notarized, and we go to Columbus to get them authenticated on Wednesday, and then are hoping that they will be out of TECO (the equivalent of the Taiwanese Embassy, but not really an Embassy) by Friday. (They then get translated and sent to Taiwan. Once they're received, they go into the court system. For an explanation of the system, see the handy guide to the process posted on various blogs, but which I found first here.)
Jeremy is downstairs hollering and clapping at the television. I'm a little disturbed (but only a little... it is Stanley cup season), and so I guess I'll close so I can go make sure this is a hockey-related outburst....
Thank you to everyone for all the well-wishes! It's wonderful to know that we have so much support!
P.S. This post is dedicated to Sarah S. from our JOH group: I always feel like I need to get going on writing a new entry when I see that you've been checking out the blog daily (thanks for the subtle encouragement to write more!), and this should have enough details in it to help with your "living vicariously." Your time is coming soon.... :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
There has been a lot of cheering & yelling in our house too over the hockey game, although I'm suspecting we might be rooting for a different team than Jeremy... regardless, triple overtime? Come on! Give my blood pressure a break and finish the game already!
We haven't really gotten into full-blown CVS'ing, but we have gotten some nice coupons so far from their rewards program. If only Target started a similar program, we'd be set for life :)
WOW!!! I'm so honored!!! and SO glad to know that you are taking your responsibility of keeping me up to date seriously. = ) Can't wait to see Elli's June photos. Sarah
oh what a sweet post! I'm still so excited for you.
That paperwork part was sooooo stressful to me, but it will soon be over.
Also, I think it's all already translated. So when Tien gets it in WA, that same day she sends it to Taiwan. So.... YAY, you'll be logged in the courts in no time!
Post a Comment