Friday, June 20, 2008

Making Progress

I'm actually trying something new with this post... we'll see if it works. It's now technically Monday night as I type this, but the nifty "post options" button on blogger says I can schedule this to post later in the week. So hopefully, you will be reading this sometime Friday evening, while I am vacationing in Cape Cod and eating lots of ice cream. (What do you mean, "ice cream problem"? Who, me??)

Anyhoo, just for fun... I've been saying since I've had the blog that I've been working on my scrapbooks, and I'm pleased to report that after a month of moving along multiple items a few steps ahead at a time, I finally finished up 4 scrapbooks this weekend, and now I'm probably about halfway through what I have to do. (Yes, I was REALLY behind.) But since I spent most of the weekend trying to get things done, I managed to empty out all of my stickers and all of my "small paper bits that might be useful somewhere" stash in order to make sure I had the proper variety as I was completing items. When I got up to take a break, Jeremy stopped by, did a double-take, and then had memorialize the mess.

Any one of my college roommates could very easily interpret this picture for you: Basically, I set up everything that I needed, and then it gradually spread to encompass me on the floor where I was working, so that when I stood up and walked away, there's a nifty little "crop circle" effect where I'd been sitting. (It was a day like this during finals week that my roommate walked in, took one look and quipped, "You know, Heather, when we agreed to split the room space 50/50, I didn't realize you'd be taking the floor, while I got the ceiling...")

But in anticipation of leaving and not wanting to come back to the (actually very ordered) chaos, I was able to clean up in about an hour tonight, and the photo to the left is proof. As a bonus, my sticker and paper bits stash now takes up about 1/2 the room it used to, which is great news, as part of the goal for this entire project is to condense down the supplies I have so that they can be neatly put in the basement (and get out of the closet in Elli's room).

Sigh. I'm making progress. It's just a little slower than I would have hoped....

3 comments:

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Heather, you're my hero! I can't even put together one scrap book and my kids are already 4 and 6. I'm completely intimidated by it. Good for you! Sarah

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is huge progress!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on the blog. We're glad you guys are doing so much to get ready (Heather, can I hire you to clean my office?). We hope you are having a great vacation!

Brian B.