We received news today that our Dossier was sent off to Taiwan and should arrive there by Monday! Hooray -- all the back-and-forth to get things to TECO worked! This means that we'll be "in the court system" by the end of next week. From there, it's just a matter of waiting. It'll be 1 - 3 months until we hear about a hearing date, and then another 1 - 3 months until the First Ruling, and then another 4 - 6 weeks until the Second Ruling. Then we get to travel!
(So, for those doing the math, it could be up to 7.5 months from now until we get her or as early as 3 months. Normally, there's some sort of conservation of court timings that means that it all nets out to be about 4 - 6 months, which is the Nov / Dec timing we've been quoting for when we pick her up.)
We also received word that we can send Elli a care package, which is super-exciting to me. I knew that we would be able to, so it's not that it's a surprise, but I guess I wasn't expecting that we could send items so soon in the process, so that's why I'm excited. I'm trying to come up with a list of items to send along -- any help / advice / thoughts are welcome!
So far, we have:
- Photo album from my Secret Pal (see posting from 5/25)
- "Disposable" Video Camera good for 20 minutes of recording
- Blanket that we've been sleeping with so it "smells like us"
- 1 Outfit and 1 cute Onesie
And I know that we'll want to get:
- Disposable Photo Cameras (any hints on a number? is 2 good?)
- Record of us reading a book / singing / talking for the foster family to play (should this be a tape? a CD? Do you have to send along a tape or CD player, too?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heather, what great news!!! Yey! I did not even know they had disposible VIDEO cameras. Good to know. I did ask once about tape vs. CD and was told CD's were the thing as most people apparently have CD players. How fun to send a package! Sarah
Hooray Heather! I'm back from the beach....let's do coffee soon.
Casey
Post a Comment