Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Of Thunderstorms and Fast Judges...

Thank goodness for laptops and wireless... We can be online even with the big thunderstorms going on outside. We had hail about an hour ago -- about as big as chipped ice pieces but we don't expect that there was any damage, despite the hail and all the tornado warnings. Thank goodness!!

We called the international agency today to make sure that we were dotting all the "i"s on the paperwork process. As Yvonne accurately points out in the comments, our paperwork is already translated, so as soon as it goes to Journeys of the Heart, it goes to Taiwan.

However, Tien was able to provide me with a clarification that I think is important for all of us JOH'ers -- she said that all of the judges want to move these adoptions as quickly as possible. However, some of the slower situations are more likely due to over-booked schedules and social workers who are busy and have to find time in their schedules for the requisite meeting with the birth mother.

So... I was going to ask everyone to keep fingers crossed for "the fast judge," but it looks like the more appropriate request is for a judge with a light court load and a social worker who is super-quick on her interviewing!

2 comments:

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

my fingers are crossed for all of the above.

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Heather, I really believe Tien. I think any judge that gets a child custody case wants to make it a priority, but I'm sure they have lots of cases competing for their attention. Fingers crossed for a bored judge who needs something to do!! Sarah = )