Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I have a confession to make: I've been keeping a secret from my husband. For twelve weeks. I enlisted compatriots to make it happen; I have willfully manipulated bills so that my secret would remain undetected by Jeremy. And then I hoped, and hoped, and hoped....

... that it would arrive as promised the week before Father's Day. Sure enough, last Tuesday I got the call that the glider I'd ordered from the furniture store had arrived in time for Jeremy to open it up for Father's Day. My in-laws graciously drove halfway to Cincinnati to the furniture store in the midst of rush-hour traffic, picked up the box, and drove back north again to drop it off at our house on Thursday and they helped us put it together:

Jeremy was SOOOOOO surprised, and I was really proud of myself for not spilling the beans to him before it arrived. (And for managing to combine the cost of the chair with the balance owed on the rest of the furniture, so as to not arouse any suspicions whatsoever -- this has been a downfall of my surprise plans in the past!)

Here's a silly shot of Jeremy enjoying the chair. I hope Elli's as excited as he is to be able to use it "for real!"


No comments: