Thankfully, finding the place was the only drama of the weekend, and we all had a wonderful time visiting, touring bits of Branson, and relaxing.
While there, the girls held a baby shower for me, and totally faked me out on my gift. My friend Sarah, who is (self-admittedly) notorious for not being able to keep secrets sent me a note about four weeks ago asking about types of pack-and-plays. So I figured that we were getting a pack and play. Instead, I got our new diaper bag, which I've been lusting after for the past six months or so from the local children's store. I am SOOO excited! In addition, it was filled with all sorts of fun goodies like sippy cups and spoons and books and socks. Apparently, there are also children's books waiting for me when I arrive home, too.
The food was absolutely great (lots of chocolate, as expected!). Most special was a hand-made book for the baby where all of my roomies filled out for the baby, with pages for:
- Our hopes for you
- Things we bet your mommy & daddy can't wait to teach you
- Great children's books
- Our favorite stories about your Mom
- Favorite childhood songs and lullabies
- Parenting tips
- Favorite childhood toys
- Things we've learned along the way
The book is such a special reminder of how loved we are by our wonderful friends and how loved the baby already is. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. Thank you all for a wonderful weekend and a wonderful celebration!
No comments:
Post a Comment