Thursday, April 17, 2008

Some referrals!!

Our agency has had a rash of referrals in the past two weeks -- 3 girls and 1 boy (that we know of). We are so excited for all of our Yahoo group friends who have received their referrals!

And, according to the list we have online, that means that Jeremy and I are next on the list! I am vacillating between unbelievable excitement and composed optimism. We're just trying to remind ourselves that this doesn't necessarily mean that we'll be getting a referral soon, it just means that we'll get ours sooner than other folks will.

(Okay, but it's still exciting!)

In other news, we're trying to get things ready around the house for when the baby arrives.

Our nursery furniture is supposed to arrive in store this week, which means that hopefully they'll be able to deliver it next week. That also means that we can likely move the crib mattress (bought as part of our ill-fated first attempt at getting nursery furniture this January...) off the floor in the middle of the baby's room and into the crib where it belongs.

As part of getting the nursery ready, I am gradually attempting to move my craft items out of the baby's room into other spots in the house. Unfortunately, I've uncovered a lot of UFP's in the process (UnFinished Projects). So right now, I have knitting stuff all over the den (wait... that's not really new!) and I have scrapbooking items strewn around the living and dining room. I have made a deal with myself that I will finish one scrapbook page per day. If I keep this up, I'll either be done with everything I have and ready to start scrapbooking the baby's accomplishments by the time she's home, or I'll be so sick of scrapbooking I'll be ready to give away all my materials. Keep posted to see which comes first....

1 comment:

taiwanbaby said...

try to finish all UFP now, when baby girl gets here, you'll have no alone time to get even simple stuff done. between feeding her, diapering her and just staring at her face for hours. Before you know it, it's dinner time and your making mac and cheese again. Hopefully next month is your month!!!!

Cari
TaiwanJOH