Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mommy's Second Gold Star

Guess who now has an ear infection in the OTHER ear? Guess who caught it when it was still in the early, somewhat cranky stage (as opposed to the outright miserable stage)?

Maybe that has something to do with the recent spate of Elli actually sitting for prolonged periods of time. (Those who have met our daughter understand why these were rare photo opportunities... Elli is a go-go-go type girl!)

(This was after we had an unfortunate incident with an upset tummy while in the high chair. I had to clean everything out, and had put the seat cover in the warm window to dry. I love how it looks like Elli is planning to use it as a sled!)

Elli in the "Daddy Chair" ... for a while last year, only Daddy was allowed to sit in this chair without a lot of drama from the little one, and he was really only allowed to sit here while feeding Elli her 5:00 bottle! Apparently, the chair is now fair game for others to sit in.

Normally, while she watches Barney, Elli is super-busy bringing out all her books to try to find pictures that match what Barney is doing on screen. Jeremy and I were surprised to capture this moment.


Notice the brown book with the pink polka dots on it on the left hand side? It's one of Elli's scrapbooks that I'd worked on during the wait to get Elli. I distinctly remember telling myself that I was sure with all the effort I was putting into them that Elli wouldn't really care about my obsessive need to catalogue every element of her life.

Boy, was I wrong. We have to look at the scrapbooks multiple times every day -- all 4 of them that have any pictures of her in them. (Plus the two photo books I made on Shutterfly):


Sometimes it does a heart good to know that your hard work is being appreciated!

1 comment:

Jenn Crowell said...

Yay, she's a scrapbooker already! Start 'em young!

Good catch on the ear infections ... Maya had some really stubborn ones at that age, and they were actually interfering with her language development (you can imagine how much that gave me a fit ... I was convinced it was my punishment for putting her in daycare to write!).