Sunday, November 15, 2009

Elli does the Alphabet

What this video was supposed to be was me saying the alphabet and Elli repeating back the letters she knows to me. In it, you were all to be amazed at her brilliance in being able to repeat back the letters B, D, E, M, N, O, P, R, S, T, U, and V. At a minimum, it was supposed to show B, E, M, and V, as she's really good at repeating those.

What this actually shows is a few things:
1) When Elli knows you are expecting a response from her, but doesn't know how to say what you want, her response is "ba."
2) Sometimes Elli thinks it's fun to say "ba" even when you know how to say the word and she's just being a stinker.
3) Elli really likes the letter "O," and truly believes the alphabet would be improved by skipping directly from "B" to "O."
4) Her rocking chair + the fleece jumper she has on = very slippery

1 comment:

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Super cute!!! I love it. That "ba" has got to be an Asian thing because that is a BIG thing with Kate. Everything is "ba". I know it means daddy in Mandarin so I pretend she means that, but she doesn't really. I'm so sorry about your bout with ear infections. They are the worst!! Both our boys had to have tubes. I hope you are all done with those. Happy Thanksgiving.