
We are slowly crawling out of the happy chaos that was the Christmas holiday around here, so blog posts have been a little scarce as of late. However, I finally downloaded all the holiday pictures onto the computer, so at least I now have electronic pictures available to post!
We had a great time over the holidays, and celebrated twice -- once with Jeremy's family actually on Christmas, and then with Heather's family a few days later. It was quite different this year with a little one around, even if she did get overwhelmed a bit throughout various portions of the holiday season.

I left Elli for the first time without Jeremy being in the house (just in case) so that we could play games at my brother's house, and only had to come back to comfort her for about 20 minutes when she refused to go back to sleep for Grammy and Grampy. (We're focusing on the "quickly calming down" victory, rather than the "not sleeping well" part of this situation....). Emboldened, Jeremy and I also had our first date since Elli came home, and Grammy and Grampy watched her for three hours. She was happy for two out of the three hours, which, again, we're counting as a victory. (Hey, 2/3rds of the time... that's over half-way!)
Now that we're home, she's missing her Grammy and Grampy and her cousins. She keeps looking at the picture of Grammy and Grampy and patting it (her way of saying "Hi, I love you!"), and has taken to squealing at Grammy's picture just like Grammy makes her squeal in person. It really is absolutely adorable, as is the constant kissing of the phone that happens when Grammy is on the other end.
This is our latest "you little stinker" picture. Doesn't she look happy to be using a sippy cup? Doesn't it look like she could be a pro at this in a flash if she wanted? She has down the two handed grip, the tilting action, the absolute refusal to use a bottle during the day that indicates it's time for sippy cup transition....
And verily I tell you... the sippy cup doth not enter her mouth.
4 comments:
Thank goodness you posted more pictures... I have missed seeing updates on your blog. So glad Elli is adjusting. Sounds like you guys are in baby happiness land. Good to hear from ya.
LOL
lisa R.
Could she be any cuter? I mean seriously!
Gah, I mixed up which comments go with which post ...
The hairbow is so. freaking. adorable.
I wish we could have been back in York to see you guys, instead of spending a week in the armpit of Texas.
Post a Comment