Thursday, January 8, 2009

Who, Elli, a Daddy's Girl?

We'll let the evidence speak for itself, and you can be the judge:

(1) First word: Daddy!
(Uttered after Jeremy came down from a break while working from home, and with all the joy a little girl can muster while she attempted to jump out of her Exersaucer toward him.)

(2) Frequently repeated phrase (usually around 3 pm or after Daddy has put her in the car seat and then left Mommy and Elli to go run errands): Wan Daddy.

(side note: This may or may not actually be a true usage of a "Want Daddy" phrase, but it's repeated in enough contexts where it is appropriate for us not to count it as a real phrase.)

(3) I gave Elli 4 choices of onesies today: 2 said "Mommy's Girl", 1 said "Love Bug", and 1 said "Daddy's Little Princess." I spent special attention telling her how pretty the 2 "Mommy" onesies were. She chose the "Daddy's Little Princess" one.

(4) While taking my shower today, I gave Elli some plastic alphabet toys to play with. About mid-way through my shower, she held up a "D" in her left hand and an "A" in her right, and then moved them so that I could read what she'd spelled. Gotta' love the coincidence!

4 comments:

Jenn Crowell said...

We have a serious daddy's girl around here, too.

Her language skills are impressive! As well as, of course, her perpetual cuteness.

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

By George, I think she's brilliant!!! and so darn cute! Thanks for the new pics. Sarah = )

Casey said...

It was so wonderful spending today with you and Elli. Jack hasn't stopped talking about "that cute baby" since we left!
Thanks again for all the goodies too. :-)

Casey

BabyBain said...

Mary is a daddy's girl too! All day I hear the word, Da Da. What about the Mamas!