So... Elli did not actually sleep though the night as hoped in the last post. Actually, it was a red banner, up two times a night type evening with much wailing and screaming.
After careful examination of her schedule, we've decided that perhaps Elli might only need two naps during the day, instead of the three she's been getting. We executed the new planned schedule, and then we promptly started with wailing from 8 - 10. Not perfect, but...
Last night she seemed to give in... either from exhaustion from a week's worth of bad sleeping or because her two bottom teeth finally have broken through and she has a temporary teething reprieve or because God has had pity on her mother, who can't get back to sleep once she sits through a 2 hour crying jag. She slept straight through from 7:45 pm to 7:30 am, and woke up more like the Elli we know than the poor, sleepy, and easily irritated girl we've had around the house for the past week.
And today has been a good day for snuggles... it's cold here so we're all bundled up. Elli's still not sure about the only 2 nap thing, so we compromised and took a 10 minute power nap this morning. Wish us luck that this isn't just the excuse Elli needs to be well rested enough to make 3-5 am a fun time to be awake again!
About two weeks ago Elli came up with her own game (her first!). Here's a video of her playing it with Daddy. We play this game for about 20 minutes off and on every morning. It's tons of fun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh, the snuggliness, lovin' on her daddy!
We had a looovely night of insomnia and midnight toddler screaming last night ourselves ... though i think the sugar cookies were the culprit at our house.
P.S. On a verrrry random note -- I love the paint color in your living room. If we weren't renting at the moment, I'd paint my kitchen that exact shade!
Brrrr...it is so cold here!
Happy Holidays to you all. I promise to get over there to visit soon.
Casey
SOSOSO sweet... give her a cuddle from me. I promise the sleeping does get better...
LOL
Lisa R
I love the snuggles! What a wonderful video of her and daddy!
Oh, now that is something to keep you toasty warm! What an absolute doll! I don't suppose you ever tire of that game! :)
Lisa C.
Ohhhhhh! That video is so so sweet!! I think she is going to know how to wrap daddy around her finger. Excellent defensive plan on the two naps a day!! Good luck! You have all the exhausted parents in the world rooting for you! Teething is awful! Poor little thing. Thanks for the updates! Sarah = )
So~cute Elli! Heather, Happy New Year to you, Jeremy and your little pretty princess! :) (I was replacing my computer during holidays, so the wishes are late, but from bottom of my heart, ha!) Look forward to visiting you if I get chance to US. :)
Best wishes from China!
Summer
Happy New Year!
No pictures for a week now, the adoring masses need their fix! :P
P.S. Heather -- I'm game for long-overdue phone catchup (and much-needed venting!) whenever you are. Do you still have my Portland cell number? Any day except Tuesday before 5 my time works.
Post a Comment