Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WAAAAAAY Tardy

Okay, so we appear to be one of those families where the baby comes home, and then we drop off the face of the earth and stop blogging.

All I can say is... um, well, I really don't have an excuse.

We're all doing well, and have had a good month since last posting (gulp!). We had Elli's first trip back to Pennsylvania, where she met her two cousins for the first time and Jeremy and I met our new nephew. Grampy taught her "Patty Cake" with some new words (... "Bake us some cookies as fast as you can / Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, and Snickerdoodles / It doesn't matter because we're going to eat oodles / Yay Cookies!"), and she now requests us to patty cake with her every morning when she wakes up.

Elli has been a big help to Mommy... helping her look for sales at the Grocery Store:


... and then helping to clip coupons, too:


We had our first pediatrician's visit, with the immunizations and subsequent grumpiness that go along with the trip. She's growing pretty well, and is starting to fit into some of her 9 month clothes, which I never would have guessed would happen (she was firmly in 3 - 6 month sizes when we picked her up 2 months ago!!). Elli has started to learn to stand at her activity table (and is learning how to fall gracefully, too), is showing a lot more interest in books, and is having a ball doing the occasional Christmas shopping errand with Mommy.

Elli's first Thanksgiving was relatively low key, but she ate a ton of squash with just a little bite of mashed up turkey in the bowl so that she didn't feel like she was missing out. Normally, she doesn't like to sit in her high chair, but with Jeremy's immediate family at the table, she was entertained enough to sit nearly through the entire dinner!









6 comments:

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Hi Heather, We might be one of those "falling off the face of the earth families" too! It's just busy with a little one. But I am so glad you did post! Elli is such a doll!! I'm so happy to hear it's going so well. Merry Christmas! Sarah

Dunns said...

Yeah!! Looks like she adjusting so well, she is so beautiful. I'm amazed how she has changed some what, you may not see it yet, but I do. I hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!!!

Lisa said...

Oh, its so nice to have you all back! I needed that Elli fix and its great seeing you too! :)
What an absolute cutie pie and it just sounds like you are all doing terrific! Great adjustment!
You must be so eager for your First Christmas all together!
Take care,
Lisa C.

BabyBain said...

Love the pic with her mouth full of squash! Too cute! Aren't the holidays so much more fun with a little one around!

Anonymous said...

Noooo, don't fall off the face of the earth -- not when I just found your blog! I've loved seeing the pics of your trip to Taiwan (Jeremy -- I love bubble tea too!) and of course the massive Elli cuteness. Keep it coming!
xoxo,
Jenn (who really needs to get her fashizzle together and make her own blog o'daughter cuteness)

Anonymous said...

Thanks God, I thought I will never get to see pics of Elli and you guys again..!

Iv (Singapore)