Here's the news from the world of Elli:
Elli has now mastered the art of sitting, and is able to stand holding onto something (mostly her activity table) for upwards of 20 minutes or so (when she gets bored with the table, not necessarily tired of standing up), and has lately been trying to see what happens if she stands with only one hand on the table to balance herself.
She's babbling up a storm (just don't ask her to perform by holding up a telephone to her so that anyone outside of the house can hear her!), and has come up with some context-appropriate babbles here and there. My favorite was our trip to Target where she was babbling "da, da, da, da" and I told her, "Yes, we're going to visit Daddy after we check out here." There was a pause, and then she looked straight up at me and said, "I wan da da." Jeremy's favorite is that she now babbles "I like da da"... only when Jeremy's actually in the room. (If only we knew what she was actually trying to tell us!)
On the harder side of parenting, it's been seven weeks of off and on again drool works, red gums, and ear tugging, but still no teeth. But Elli is starting to look for Jeremy and I to comfort her, even when all we can do is give her a hug and try to distract her, which is really good news.
Also on the more difficult side, Elli has recently decided that she's 100% positive that 3 - 5 am is a good time to be awake, and has adjusted her sleeping schedule to accomodate this conviction. Jeremy and I remain unimpressed with this plan, but it just doesn't seem to matter what we think is appropriate behavior on this point. On the postive side, I'm getting caught up with some of the pleasure reading I thought I wouldn't get to once Elli was home....
It's just us girls here this week, as Jeremy is off for a work meeting for three days. We've scheduled a bunch of family and friends to stop by to help make sure that Mommy doesn't get too overwhelmed trying to do the single parent thing, and last night she was tuckered out enough that we both made it from 3 - 7:30 am asleep! I'm hoping that today's fun tired her out enough that we get another easy night of sleep.
Elli with her mohawk bed-head hair style:
Later that day, still with a bit of a mohawk... We call this her WWF picture.
Sitting in the antique rocking chair from Nana. We're not sure exactly how old it is, but know at least that Elli's great-grandfather also sat in it as a child (bunny likes it, too).

Figuring out that the activity table isn't the only thing she can steady herself against to stand up.... (and giving us a "Look at what I can do!" grin!)
6 comments:
Love the new pictures! I'll call you later to see when we can stop by!! We are finally germ free. :-)
Casey
Yea,
I am so glad Jenn asked.. I love seeing pictures of Elli. Keep em coming
LOL
Lisa R.
Too cute! Love the pictures. I hope the sleeping thing begins to resolve itself!!! That is the part I am dreading...a bad sleeper. I will deal with just about any other issue with parenting if the powers that be can just give me a good sleeper!!!
Aww, thanks! If only everything in life were as accommodating as you guys! :)
Now I know what to get Elli for Christmas -- one of those amber teething necklaces! (Kinda woo, I know, but people swear it helps with the pain!).
The mohawk and the grin are priceless!
Love the mohawk! And what a great smile she gives while standing up!
Came back to add a PS that I have a bloggity blog now (see link above in my name) -- and let you know that, alas, there will be no trip back to York this Christmas ... Mike's mom gets us in Texas this year. Wish we could see you guys though!
Post a Comment