Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Elli-isms of the Day

Overheard while listening to Pop Fly by Justin Roberts (which we won in a giveaway from here) tonight:
"Mommy, dis is my FAVORITE song."
"Daddy, you gotta' dance.  Use your imagination."  (This prompting was needed because apparently Daddy was not dancing in full-out crazy man mode, which is the status quo around here....)

In the car:
H:  "Elli, did someone bite you at day care today?"
E:  "Yes, dey go in time out."
H:  "Right, because biting people is not a good choice to make.  Does Elli bite people?"
E:  "Yes.  Elli bike pee-oh-ple."
H:  "No, Elli doesn't bite people.  That's not nice."
E:  "Mommy bike pee-oh-ple.  Pee-oh-ple is Mommy's favorite color.  An' red."
I had a moment of real confusion before I realized once again that talking forward in the car to someone behind you distorts what you're saying.  And for the record, she's right -- I do like purple.  Purple is my favorite color (along with red).  I'm also guessing that there will be no ongoing trauma from today's day care incident....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

See Heather- I missed these little amusing facts about Elli from You.
LOL Lisa