Ake up! Mommy! Ake up! (1 minute pause) Cake. Cake? Pancake. Elli. (Gasp of surprise)
In high school choir, our director would always start our learning a song from a few measures from the end, and work back toward the start of the song in chunks. Elli has apparently grasped this concept easily, as her current version of the ABC's starts at "w":
Double oo, x, y, z. Now ABC. Mommy Daddy.
(as in "NOW I know my ABC's. Next time won't you sing with MOMMY and DADDY.")
Elli's opinion of sledding with her cousins this weekend:
"Wowie! Fun!"
We were traveling this weekend back and forth to New York in between snowstorms. Our first attempt out on Friday was unsuccessful, so we had to come home and go back out Saturday morning, prompting this conversation in the car:
Elli: Go go Connie?
Heather: No, Elli, we can't go see Aunt Connie tonight. We're going tomorrow.
(30 second pause)
Elli, talking to her bunny: Home. Eat dinner. Watch Barney. Crib. Ake up. Go go Connie. Oh-kay!
Elli has decided on a theme for her 2nd birthday party. She wants "bugs" (as in ladybugs that match the plate she has):
Heather: Do you want to have a birthday party with bugs or monkeys or Elmo?
Elli: Bug-a-bug-a-bug-a-bug-a!
Heather: So do you want a cake that's a bug?
Elli: Okay!
Heather: Do you want to have plates that have bugs on them?
Elli: Okay!
Heather: Do you wnat everyone to drink out of cups that have bugs on them?
Elli: OOOH - KAY!
Heather: And do you want us all to wear hats with ladybug antennae on them?
Elli: No, Mommy.
(I think this is the first time of many to come that I got the withering, "That is SO not cool" look from her.)
Elli's recent monikers for Heather:
Hun-nee
Pokie bokie (I must say, "Okie-dokie, pokie-bokie" a little more often than I think.)
Tay-to (I also call her "Sweet Potato" a lot, I guess)
Elli's commentary on the contents of our garage:
Daddy car. Mommy an' Elli car.
4 comments:
OOOOh just too cute. She is quite the chatterbox. Thanks for sharing.
Lisa
What a good little talker!! I think a bug birthday sounds just perfect. Can't wait for the pictures. Sarah = )
Today is Chinese New Year here in Asia.. Happy Chinese Lunar New Year..
Gong Xi Fa Cai
Wan She Ru Yi
May everything smooth for your family and Elli grow up to be a kind and generous girl.
Snorting with laughter about the ladybugs.
-College Roomie
Post a Comment