We've had quite the eventful week around here -- Jeremy is off in Scotland for his work, and we girls were trucking along just fine until Elli got the stomach bug. Sadly, Jeremy missed the 8 hours straight of throwing up that Elli performed (on me, as she really didn't get the concept of "no, do it in the bucket! Or the toilet! Or this trash can!). Eight changes of clothes for both of us later, she's starting to recover.
But, for those who need Elli news, here's some of her latest antics:
- Last week it snowed 4 inches on Thursday, and then a little more over the weekend, so we had quite a view out the back window of snow. I asked Elli, "Look at the snow -- isn't that nice? It's snow!" Her response? "No, mama. Cream cheese." (Someone really likes her bagels with a good schmear...)
- During the last of the upset tummy yesterday, I'd had it with the whole stomach bug thing and Elli kept asking me for milk, which I couldn't give her because of the upset tummy and I tried to explain but she didn't get it, and I ended up in tears apologizing to her that life was so hard right now and that we had to do things (like constantly change her jammies and brush her teeth and withhold milk) that were about making her life better but I knew she didn't understand. Elli immediately said, "Uh-oh, Mommy. Uh-oh!" and started patting my arm. I asked her, "Uh-oh what, Ell? What's 'uh-oh'?" She thought and thought for a minute and finally pointed at the tear dripping off my nose and said, "Booger, Mama. Booger uh-oh." Needless to say, that was just what was needed to snap me out of my funk.
(For the record, I don't know who taught her that word. I suspect if I look in the mirror, I might find her, but I'm claiming ignorance right now.)
- Elli's cousin has a very special paci that he loves -- it's white with an Eagles logo on it, an woe betide the person who tries to get him to use another paci. Apparently Elli has gotten this message, because there is a white paci (no Eagles logo!) that we finally rescued from Jeremy's family's house and put with the rest of hers. Every night when I ask her which paci she wants before going to bed, she pulls it out and tells us that it's not hers and that it's her cousin's. Last night she even listed out all the other members of her cousin's family, just in case I was having trouble placing the name and taking the appropriate action.
And then here are some of the pictures from Christmas:
But, for those who need Elli news, here's some of her latest antics:
- Last week it snowed 4 inches on Thursday, and then a little more over the weekend, so we had quite a view out the back window of snow. I asked Elli, "Look at the snow -- isn't that nice? It's snow!" Her response? "No, mama. Cream cheese." (Someone really likes her bagels with a good schmear...)
- During the last of the upset tummy yesterday, I'd had it with the whole stomach bug thing and Elli kept asking me for milk, which I couldn't give her because of the upset tummy and I tried to explain but she didn't get it, and I ended up in tears apologizing to her that life was so hard right now and that we had to do things (like constantly change her jammies and brush her teeth and withhold milk) that were about making her life better but I knew she didn't understand. Elli immediately said, "Uh-oh, Mommy. Uh-oh!" and started patting my arm. I asked her, "Uh-oh what, Ell? What's 'uh-oh'?" She thought and thought for a minute and finally pointed at the tear dripping off my nose and said, "Booger, Mama. Booger uh-oh." Needless to say, that was just what was needed to snap me out of my funk.
(For the record, I don't know who taught her that word. I suspect if I look in the mirror, I might find her, but I'm claiming ignorance right now.)
- Elli's cousin has a very special paci that he loves -- it's white with an Eagles logo on it, an woe betide the person who tries to get him to use another paci. Apparently Elli has gotten this message, because there is a white paci (no Eagles logo!) that we finally rescued from Jeremy's family's house and put with the rest of hers. Every night when I ask her which paci she wants before going to bed, she pulls it out and tells us that it's not hers and that it's her cousin's. Last night she even listed out all the other members of her cousin's family, just in case I was having trouble placing the name and taking the appropriate action.
And then here are some of the pictures from Christmas:
Note that she's pretending to munch on a bagel. The "knife" by her foot was used to pretend to spread cream cheese on the bagel all night long. (Thank you to Aunt Ashley for donating a box to Elli to add authenticity to this exercise!)
The tunnel from Aunt Jen (in her right hand is a spoon from stirring in her kitchen; in the left hand is a wooden egg that she kept pretending to "Cack!")Measuring spoons, a pot, and a kitchen -- what more could an aspiring chef want?

1 comment:
Santa brought our Hannah the same kitchen this year. Santa knows how to pick out the kitchens, doesn't he? No fun for the elves to have to put them together, though.
Post a Comment