Saturday, April 4, 2009

One Year Old!

Elli turned 1 year old last Friday, and we had a party for her on Saturday. Here's a picture of our birthday girl in her pretty dress and hat:


Showing off how she can walk with her push toy:


I suggested that we give Elli a bran muffin covered in yogurt for her birthday, but was overruled by Grammy and Daddy. (If you understood the amount of begging and the loud "MMMMM!!!"s that accompanied eating bran muffins, this makes a lot more sense as an option.) So Elli had a cupcake for her birthday. Did. Not. Go. Over. Well. Her Aunt (who has seen her eat a bran muffin) asked us (without my even saying anything), "Why didn't you just give her a bran muffin?"


For her actual birthday, we took her to the local aquarium. This is by far the most exciting thing there as far as Elli is concerned:

There is a whole litany of things that Elli really loves right now, but bubbles are pretty high up on the list. Here's a still and a video:







5 comments:

Lisa said...

Heather,
Gosh how fast was that? One year old already. She is so adorable and seems like a happy little girl. Would love to hear from you on your adjustment and all.
LOL
Lisa R.

Mark said...

Wow! Happy birthday, Elli!

Em said...

What a cutie!

Tell you what, I will eat her share of cupcakes and she can eat my share of bran muffins.

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Happy Birthday Elli!

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Wow!! I can't believe Ellie is a year old. I remember when you were in Taiwan meeting her for the first time! What a joy! I'm sure a bran muffin would have been tasty as well. = ) Sarah